Perfect combination of innovation
and a long-term mindset
The Liechtenstein financial centre thinks in generations. The focus on the long term, on quality and stability is just as important as being in touch with the latest trends.
- Stable social, legal and economic system
- Customs and currency union with Switzerland since 1924
- Member of the European Economic Area (EEA) since 1995.
- Barrier-free access to the European market (freedom of movement of goods, people, services and capital)
- Political continuity and stability
- Liberal economic policies
- Liberal company law
- Sound financial policies/no government debt
- Very well-funded public sector
- Moderate corporate taxation
- AAA country rating awarded by Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s
- Broadly diversified economy with strong industrial sector
Liechtenstein’s asset managers acquired 700 new clients in the first half of the year and managed assets of CHF 54.9 billion as of 30 June 2022.
The Liechtenstein Financial Market Authority (FMA) has concluded that Liechtenstein’s financial sector is sound and stable. Systemic risks are assessed to be limited. Given increased global risks and vulnerabilities, the FMA recommends the uptake of measures by financial institutions and government.
Der Finanzplatz Schweiz steht derzeit ganz besonders auf dem Prüfstand. In solch unsicheren Zeiten ist es unerlässlich, die Zeit effizient zu nutzen und sich so gut wie möglich auf das vorzubereiten.
stability & security
Stability and security are more important than ever – Liechtenstein has persuasive arguments for these two crucial factors.
Liechtenstein places great importance on entrepreneurship, because prosperity is created primarily through entrepreneurial activity and wealth creation. The Liechtenstein financial centre (21%) as well as industry and commerce (46%) make significant contributions here, generating very substantial gross added value. In addition to a large number of attractive jobs for Liechtenstein and the region, business enterprises, service providers and ultimately the public in general all benefit from a strong financial centre that is demonstrably a safe haven even in turbulent times.
Asset management companies
Investment fund companies
In a complex and dynamic environment, auditing plays an important safeguarding role for the economy as a whole. This creates trust and confidence amongst capital lenders, clients, suppliers, employees and the public in general.
Common-benefit foundations and trusts
Within Europe, Liechtenstein foundation law is considered “state of the art”. In recent years, Liechtenstein has developed into a philanthropy centre at the heart of Europe.