Perfect combination of innovation
and a long-term mindset
The Liechtenstein financial centre thinks in generations. The focus on the long term, on quality and stability is just as important as being in touch with the latest trends.
- Stable social, legal and economic system
- Customs and currency union with Switzerland since 1924
- Member of the European Economic Area (EEA) since 1995.
- Barrier-free access to the European market (freedom of movement of goods, people, services and capital)
- Political continuity and stability
- Liberal economic policies
- Liberal company law
- Sound financial policies/no government debt
- Very well-funded public sector
- Moderate corporate taxation
- AAA country rating awarded by Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s
- Broadly diversified economy with strong industrial sector
The Liechtenstein Bankers Association will in future be cooperating with the Blockchain Research Institute. The think-tank, which is based in the Canadian city of Toronto, aims to empower business leaders to become catalysts of the blockchain transformation.
Liechtenstein has presented itself as a sustainable economic area at the Swiss Green Economy Symposium. Chief executives from companies such as Hilcona, Hilti and LGT offered specific examples of how they are contributing to sustainability both at home and around the world.
LGT Private Banking launched its impact investment fund in May. After oversubscription five times the target size, the Lightrock Evergreen Fund has now closed fundraising with a volume of 900 million US dollars. LGT clients and staff were able to invest in it.
Amnesty International, Swiss Section is now accepting cryptocurrency donations. These are being processed by Bank Frick of Liechtenstein. It has developed a model that can be used to check the origin of these transactions.
“Die Liechtenstein Venture Cooperative LVC” – Praktische Fragen und Vorstellung des LVC Code of Conduct 2.0 miit Dr. Thomas Dünser und Dr. Clara Billek
Vortragsreihe – «ÖKONOMIE – ZUSAMMENSPIEL VON WISSENSCHAFT UND PRAXIS»
stability & security
Asset management companies
Investment fund companies
In a complex and dynamic environment, auditing plays an important safeguarding role for the economy as a whole. This creates trust and confidence amongst capital lenders, clients, suppliers, employees and the public in general.
Common-benefit foundations and trusts
Within Europe, Liechtenstein foundation law is considered “state of the art”. In recent years, Liechtenstein has developed into a philanthropy centre at the heart of Europe.